This issue is commonly caused by a computer's firewall blocking Playground Sessions from accessing the internet. To fix this, visit the settings of your computer's anti-virus program and grant permission for Playground to access the internet.
Articles in this section
- Can I download lessons on one computer, then transfer their files to a different computer?
- Do I have to be connected to the internet to use Playground Sessions?
- How do I find Playground on my Mac computer?
- How do I install Playground on my Mac computer?
- How do I remove an install from my account?
- I just bought a membership. How do I access the lessons?
- I'm trying to log into Playground Sessions but I'm getting a message that says "computer limit reached". Help!
- My program is in offline mode but I'm connected to the internet. How do I fix this?
- What happens if I download Playground Sessions on one computer, but that computer becomes unusable?
- When logging into my account, I see my account information but I can't find the lessons. How do I get back to them?