Yes and no. It depends on what you're looking for with Playground Sessions.
Our product is designed for interactive use with an electronic keyboard or digital piano. With a wired connection to a computer or iPad, you'll also get instant feedback, % scores, and completion marks on each lesson.
If you have an acoustic piano or a keyboard that doesn't support MIDI or USB, you can still use Playground Sessions. While you would miss out on the interactive features, you would still be able to take advantage of the following:
- Over 30 hours of video lessons in the app that don't require interactivity.
- Free song credits that you can use to print sheet music to play on your piano.
- Access to all of our Bootcamp lessons, a guided curriculum in which you can follow along with our lessons on piano technique, music theory, and musicianship skills, without receiving feedback.
We have a 30 day money back guarantee on all memberships. It's normal to not be sure if Playground will work for you with an acoustic piano. Most users take advantage of the money back guarantee by signing up for a monthly membership to learn more about the experience. Adjustments can be made to your membership within 30 days; that is:
- An upgrade to a higher membership tier
- A downgrade to a lower membership tier
- A full refund and closure of your Playground Sessions account
- Remain at a monthly membership (no changes).
Alternatively, we offer keyboards on this page: playgroundsessions.com/store/keyboard-bundles.
If you have questions about using Playground with an acoustic piano, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.