*These settings are for the legacy iPad app that runs on iOS versions below iOS 13.
Below is a rundown of the features from left to right:
- Rewind (double left arrow icon) - goes back to the previous segment in the lesson
- Play (right arrow icon) - click to play, pause, or stop the current lesson
- Forward (double right arrow icon) - moves to the next segment
- Loop (wrap-around arrow icon) - repeats any section of music continuously
- Metronome (metronome icon) - enables the metronome, or the tempo 'ticks'
- Accompaniment (choir icon) - enables the backing track
- Custom Tempo (speedometer icon) - allows to slow down the tempo to a custom speed
- Normal/Slow Tempo (two clock icons) toggle between a song's normal tempo and a preset slow tempo
- Piano Demo (left hand and right hand icons) - allows for computer playback of the piano parts. Left hand button plays back the left hand part, right hand button plays back the right hand part. You can also select both to hear both parts together
- Notation Display - switches between displaying suggested fingerings (note with number 1 icon), letter names (note with letter A icon), or no markings (note with no markings)
- Real-Time Feedback (flash icon) - enables feedback on accuracy: notes played correctly will turn green, notes played incorrectly will turn red, and notes played rhythmically close will turn pink