For your video(s) to be included in the recital video, please ensure your submission(s) meets the following requirements:
- Please perform your parts at "normal tempo" so we can synch everyone playing together.
- Please play the segments included in the “Recital Performance” song sections. This will help guarantee that you’re playing the correct part, and that you’re playing at normal tempo.
- If using a keyboard or digital piano and you’d like to use the sound from your instrument, please use the piano sound (do not use electric piano, strings, organ, harpsichord, or any other sounds)
- Please play with the accompaniment turned on
- You're welcome to play with the metronome on or off, if you are using the app
- For Rookie, Intermediate, and Advanced players, the music in the Recital Lessons is displayed with both hands, but you’re welcome to submit a video of yourself playing just the right hand or just the left hand.
- Please play as much of the submission segment as you can
- No improvisation (please stick to the music)
- No singing
- Please ensure that the angle of your video allows for us to see your hands. We’d love for your videos to also include your happy smiley faces, but if you’d prefer - you can just record your hands. :)
Camera / Phone Orientation
- You can record yourself in portrait (vertical) or landscape (horizontal) - either way is perfectly fine
Attire & Props
- Please do not wear anything inappropriate (too revealing, offensive, political, etc.) in your video(s)
- Please do not perform any inappropriate gestures in your video(s)
- Please do not include any inappropriate props in your video(s)
- Please submit a separate video for each section that you decide to play
- Please do not add graphics, add text, crop, or edit any element of your video(s) before submitting for the recital
By adhering to these requirements, you’ll help ensure that the final recital video will be cohesive while looking and sounding amazing!